Comment: No legitimate historian claims Jesus didn’t exist. So, everyone has to deal with the scriptures which speak of Him and His word in one of 2 ways; mistrust God’s word like Eve or listen to the voice of your wife like Adam or trust What God’’s Word says.
Question: If someone doesn’t believe the scriptures are true that speak of Jesus Christ, The I AM, (See post on Jesus The I AM) and His Gospel, aren’t they going after other gods and listening to other voices instead of the God of the Bible and the one whom He sent Jesus Christ. Didn’t Eve listen to another voice, the Serpent’s voice, instead of God’s voice and didn’t Adam listen to the voice of his wife which was another voice other than The God of the Bible. The person that chooses not to listen to the voice of scripture is always listening to another voice. They, many times rely on their mystical selves (which there are billions of mystical selves) who are stupid enough to create a god from their own sinful arrogant imagination which is building your house on sand instead of the Rock. Matthew 7:24-28
Aren’t they believing the lie like Eve and listening to another voice like Adam; since anything that doesn’t line up with the word of God is another voice and part of the lie.
They are calling Jesus who is The Word was God became flesh a liar even though Jesus said “Your word is truth” John 17:17 In John 5:39 Jesus says they (scriptures) are they which testify of me. Jesus also said My sheep hear my voice and they follow Me. John 10:27-28 2 Timothy 3:16 “All Scripture is God breathed”
God’s Word in Genesis 2:17 said “ Dying you shall die” The Serpent said “ Dying you shall not die” Genesis 3:4 Who told the truth ? The Serpent or YHWH. Jesus also referred to several books of the Bible including Genesis; giving additional credence to the scriptures.
The Wages of Sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. Is anyone exempt from death without the hand of God intervening? No Romans 6:23
Empirically we see evidence that YHWH told the truth in Genesis 2:17 and not the serpent promoting the ego satisfying bait.
We have nothing but helpless sinners in our mist reflecting spiritual death who end up in eventual physical death.
Why would anyone call God a liar and or Jesus a nut, the one that died and rose from the dead with an incorruptible spiritual body according to the scriptures; that was foretold thousands of years prior and say the Bible is not true when He is the only savior; saving His people from their sins? They can’t save themselves . They are helpless sinners by nature. Why are they running away from the true God? Romans 3:10-18
The reason why people desire God’s Word to be untrue, first and foremost is because
(1) They love darkness instead of light because their deeds are evil and they will not come to the light for fear their evil deeds will be exposed John 3:19-20
(2) The world hates Jesus because He testified that their works are evil. John 7:7
(3) They love the world and the things in the world. In the world is the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. According to Jesus, The ruler of this world is Satan. They live according to the sinful desires of the flesh by Satan’s frame of reference, sin. Satan is natural man’s father because of the imputation of Adam’s sin after following after the lie; giving allegiance to the Serpent and His lie. According to the Apostle Paul 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 “But if even our Gospel is being hidden it has been hidden in the ones perishing in whom the god of this age has blinded the thoughts of the faithless (ones), (so that) the illumination of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God (should) not shine on them. John 3:8 The Spirit breathes where He desires and you hear His voice; but you do not know from where He comes, and where He goes; so is everyone having been generated from the Spirit. Comment The generation from above is a Totally Sovereign act of God to whom He chooses to shine the illumination of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus. 2 Corinthians 4:6 Romans 9:11-18 John 3:8
How does the god of this age blind the thoughts of the faithless? It is easy the ones perishing don’t have the light of the Holy Spirit in them to shine the light that exposes the Wiles and darkness of the ruler of this world. They love darkness rather than light. Ephesians 6:11 Romans 8:9
Except you be generated from above, you cannot see the kingdom of God 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 John 14:30 1 John 2:15-17 2 Corinthians 4:6 John 3:3,5,8
(4) Roman’s 1:16-31
16 For I’m not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to every (one) believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek;
17 for in it (the gospel) the righteous of God is revealed from Faith to faith; even as it is written “ But the just (one) shall live by faith
18 For God’s wrath is revealed from Heaven on all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, the holding back the truth in unrighteousness
19 because the thing known of God is clearly known within them for God revealed to them.
20 For the unseen things of Him from creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things made, both His eternal power and divinity for them to be without excuse
21 Because knowing God, they did not glorify as God nor were thankful. But became vain in their reasonings, and their undiscerning heart was darkened.
22 Professing to be wise (ones) they became foolish
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into a likeness of an image of corruptible man and of birds and four footed animals and creeping things
24 Therefore God gave( delivered) them over to impurity in the lusts of (their) hearts, their bodies to be dishonored among themselves.
25 who exchanged the truth of God into the lie, and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator who is blessed forever. Amen
26 Because of this, God gave(delivered) them over to dishonorable passions, for even their females changed the natural use to the contrary to nature
27 and likewise , the males also forsaking the natural use of the female burned in their lust toward one another, males with males working out shame-fullness, and receiving back within themselves the recompense which is right for their straying away
28 And even as they did not think fit to have God in (their) knowledge, God gave (delivered) them over to an unfit mind, to do the things not fitting
29 having been filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, iniquity, covetousness, malice, (being) full of envy , murder, quarrels, deceit, evil habits, (becoming ) whisperers
30 slanderers, God Haters, insolent men, arrogant ( ones), braggarts, devisers of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 without understanding, untrustworthy (ones), without affection, implacable (ones) unmerciful (ones)
32 who having known the ordinance of God, that the (ones) practicing such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but also approve the (ones) practicing (them)
(4) They hate the God that is Totally Sovereign and Totally in control of all His creation and is not dependent on anything from man. They have no fear or reverence for God. The natural man is not able to discern spiritual things. The Natural man thinks spiritual things are foolishness to him. The Cross of Christ and its effectual and efficacious atonement are foolishness to those perishing. Job 23:13 Isaiah 46:10 Romans 3:18 Romans 9 Romans 1 1Corinthians 2:14 1 Corinthians 1:18
(5) They seek to establish their own righteousness thinking they can please God when in fact their righteousness is a filthy menstrual cloth. They don’t even know the difference between good and evil and cannot please God without faith. They do not trust in the work and person of Jesus Christ as the only way of salvation Isaiah 64:6 Proverbs 12:10 Hebrews 11:6 Romans 10:1-4 Romans 1,2,3
(6) Due to their delusion of knowing good and evil from the fall in the Garden of Eden they try and develop their own form or standard of righteousness which never meets God’s standard. God’s standard of perfect righteousness is Jesus Christ which must be imputed to His peoples account through the means of faith because no one will be justified by law; since the purpose of the law was to bring the full knowledge of sin. Genesis 3 Romans 7:5 Romans 3 Romans 4
So, How can they believe The Gospel of Christ that God promises to save His people from their sins conditioned solely on the atoning shed blood of Jesus Christ and His imputed righteousness alone without any effort or contribution from those who He represented when they are trying to twist or attempt to prove the Bible is not the Word of God
John 3:3, 5, 8 John 6:37-44,65 answers that question.
It takes the work of God John 6:29 to change the mind unto belief of The Gospel of Christ and realize you don’t have a righteousness sufficient to please God. Only through God’s gift of a new heart, a new spirit making a new creation, do you come to Christ. He works in His people the willing and the doing through His spirit for His good pleasure according to counsel of His Will according to purpose. His people will have eyes to see and ears to hear His voice in His word and will understand. His people that He promised to save will be made completely sinless and incorruptible at His return. 1 Corinthians 15:53-55 Matthew 11:27-30 1 John 4:19 Philippians 1:6 2:13 1:29
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
All highlights italics added for emphasis All scripture either from KJ3, LTV or KJV